4 Keys to Finding Rest in a Chaotic World
When asked how media criticism affects her career, actress Kate Winslet once said, “I don’t read any reviews, so I’m oblivious to what they have to say. I’m completely unaware. It’s fantastic.”
With today’s non-stop news, the concept of being “completely unaware” may feel impossible. The constant coverage of politics, tragedy and an overarching narrative of fear can leave us buried under anxiety and dread. But we don’t have to live that way.
God’s Word illuminates how to find and experience rest, despite the chaos all around us:
1. Remember God is present. In her book The Gifts of Imperfection, author Brené Brown says, “Faith is a place of mystery, where we find the courage to believe in what we cannot see and the strength to let go of our fear…” Recalling what you know is true will feed your faith and starve your uncertainty. You are never alone because God promised never to leave you. “He is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear…” (Psalm 46:1-2a).
2. Take thoughts captive. Our minds easily run away with us, but the Holy Spirit can help us pull them back into alignment with God’s promises. Actively replace worries with Scripture and cling to “whatever is true, noble, right, pure, lovely, and admirable — if anything is excellent or praiseworthy — think about such things.” (Philippians 4:8)
3. Be a catalyst for good. You can make a difference by supporting Christian causes and ministries like Precept Ministries International who share the Gospel and bless those in need — and be blessed in return. For instance, a Charitable Gift Annuity can benefit you, your spouse and Precept Ministries International.
Your gift would allow you:
• An immediate tax deduction.
• Capital gains tax deferral.
• Increased income stream for life.
• An opportunity to put “good” in motion for generations to come.
4. Know you’re alive for “such a time as this.” Don’t let chaos overwhelm the reality that you’re here for a Divine purpose today. Serving others can create positive ripple effects of change around you.
Reply using the form or call our friends at Barnabas Foundation toll-free (888) 448-3040