For the past 2 years Cary has served as the Central Region Director of The Best Christian Workplaces Institute, a staff engagement survey and consulting firm working with influential churches and mission organizations. He works from his home in Wichita, Kansas.
For four years prior to BCWI Cary served as COO of The Navigators, a Colorado Springs based global discipleship ministry. For the first 30 years of Cary’s work-life he served in a variety of sales and general management roles for Cargill Incorporated, a Minneapolis based agricultural trader and processor.
Cary’s Cargill responsibilities included merchandising roles with Cargill’s grain and meat businesses, and sales and sales management roles in Cargill Meat Solution’s global meat business. Stints in Japan (1983), Brazil (1988-1990) and back to Japan again as COO of Toshoku, a food trading acquisition of Cargill Japan Ltd. (2000-2002). After serving as Vice President of Sales for Cargill Meat Solutions, Cary completed his Cargill service as a Regional Leader in the Grain and Oilseed Supply Chain business unit.
PRECEPT MINISTRIES BOARD EXPERIENCE
- Precept Board Member since 2013
- Knows and uses Precept inductive Bible study method
- Supporter of Precept Ministries International
- Serves as Board Member: The Navigators
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND LIFE EXPERIENCE
- Texas Christian University, BA Business Administration, 1980
- 36 years married to Susan Humphries, a 20+ year Precept Leader and 29 year Precept student
- Father of four adult children, two married, and recently a grandparent
- Local Church: Active member of Heartland Community Church, PCA, Wichita, KS and active membership and frequent elder service in biblical churches everywhere that Cargill transferred the Humphries.
- BCWI service: Interacts with Christian churches, mission sending organizations, schools, colleges and universities in providing tools and consulting services.